SOUTHERN CRUISERS CAR CLUB OF MISSISSIPPI
AMENDED APRIL 4, 2013
ARTICLE 1 NAME
- The name shall be Southern Cruisers Car Club of Mississippi, as named September, 2009 by Articles of Incorporation, State of Mississippi.
- The name and logo shall be used exclusively by the club, unless special permission is granted by the
ARTICLE II MEMBERSHIP
- Any person of good character who owns any make, model, or year of vehicle may join this club provided: They plan to participate in club activities and/or meetings and pay annual dues.
- The conduct of all members shall be the same as a good citizen. Any questionable conduct shall be subject to review by the club officers.
- Any prospective member who has attended one business meeting shall be allowed to participate in a club sponsored club activity.
- Every new member shall receive a packet to include a copy of our bylaws, a club history, current membership list and a membership application. Upon payment of annual dues, new members shall receive one club t-shirt at no cost.
ARTICLE III CLUB MEETINGS
- The monthly business meeting of the club shall be held on the first Thursday evening of each month.
- Meeting locations shall be announced in the monthly newsletter. Meeting locations are subject to change.
- Special meetings may be called, as necessary for club business. Members shall be notified of date/time of such meetings.
ARTICLE IV CLUB OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES
- President: The President shall preside over all meetings called for and will act as an ambassador to any function or activity held by the club or any other organization he is asked to attend. The President will seek ways to help build membership and help promote and maintain interest of club members. The President shall meet at least once each quarter with the Board of Directors. The President shall be responsible to plan and oversee the club budget. The President shall appoint committee chairmen and request periodic briefings of committee activities.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall preside over all meetings in the absence of the President. The Vice President shall act as an ambassador to any club functions or activities the President cannot attend.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall be responsible for the minutes of all club meetings. The Secretary shall keep a current membership roster to be distributed to club members annually. The Secretary may designate any person to record minutes at any meetings.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be responsible for all monies received and disbursed on behalf of the club. The Treasurer shall keep a complete account of all financial matters. The Treasurer shall present a report of club finances at monthly meetings of the club. The Treasurer shall keep a record of all club members who have (or have not) paid annual dues.
ARTICLE V BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Board of Directors (hereinafter called the board) shall consist of the current officers: President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, the past year’s president and two additional elected board members.
- The term of the board shall be one year, beginning January 1st, each year, running through December 31st.
- It shall be the board’s responsibility to formulate proposals and to make recommendations to the club membership which support the goals of the club.
- The board’s authority shall be granted by the majority vote of the club membership. The club membership shall vote to delegate authority to the board on a case-by-case basis.
- The board shall review club charities each year and present recommendations to the club membership during regular business meetings.
ARTICLE VI NOMINATIONS FOR ELECTION OF OFFICERS
- A nominating committee shall be appointed by the president to include a chairperson and two additional committee members. The term of the committee members shall be three years with staggered terms. The president shall appoint one new member each year.
- The nominating committee shall attempt to obtain two candidates for each office who are willing to commit to serving a year in each of the following offices: President, Vice-president, Secretary, Treasurer, and two additional members for the board.
- The committee’s nominations shall be announced by the president at the October meeting, each year with elections to be held at the November business meeting. The president shall call for any additional nominations from the floor during the October meeting.
- All dues-paying members shall be allowed to vote, in person, or by absentee ballot for the next year’s officers. An absentee ballot shall be available, if requested, for voting by email or voice to the committee chairperson. There will be a limit of 2 ballots cast per member family. Absentee ballots must be presented to the chairman of the nominating committee before midnight on the day prior to elections to be included in the election results.
- Voting shall be by secret ballot during the regular November business meeting. The committee shall tally all ballots, including absentee ballots, then present them to the current president for official announcement.
ARTICLE VII CLUB FINANCES
- Effective, January 5, 2001, club dues are $30 per year per family, to be paid to the treasurer in January. Any new member who pays dues during the last quarter of the calendar year will be considered paid for the following year.
- All club finances shall be handled by the treasurer. There shall be two signers on the club checking account: the current treasurer and another authorized signer/member.
- Any request for reimbursement must be accompanied by a receipt before a check will be issued.
- Anyone making unauthorized purchases against the club shall be personally accountable.
- A budget shall be prepared by the treasurer, annually, to include anticipated revenue and expenses.
- A 50/50 lottery will be allowed at any time. Tickets shall be sold for $1 (or 6 for $5). A ticket shall be drawn from those sold and the winning ticket holder shall receive half the collection, with the balance being deposited to the club account.
7.Any requests for unbudgeted funds should be directed, in writing to the president for review by the board. Recommendations shall be made to the membership during the next regular business meeting and subject to a majority vote.
- An audit shall be performed annually with the Treasurer and 3 other members who are appointed by the President.
ARTICLE VIII EVENTS
- An activities chairperson shall be appointed by the president, annually, to plan and organize special club events/activities.
- The club, nor its’ members, shall be held personally responsible for any property damage, personal injury, or financial expenses that occur to any member or visitor at club sponsored events. Each member should carry liability insurance to protect themselves/their vehicles from damages.
- The club shall maintain a website: www.southerncruisersms.com for listing area car shows and sharing pictures of club activities and the annual car show.
ARTICLE IX BYLAWS AMENDMENTS
Proposed amendments to the bylaws should be presented in writing to the President, who will present them to the Board of Directors for any changes. The Board will make a recommendation to the club for any proposed amendments. The recommendation shall be sent out with the monthly newsletter. These bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of a quorum of the members present at the next scheduled meeting.